What You’ll Need:
- Cork Board
- Acrylic/Wood/Fancy Push Pins
- Assorted Pictures/Trinkets/ Art you don’t plan to frame/etc.
- Remove everything from the cork board. You need to start clean.
2. Add the most meaningful larger pieces to the board. Use the Rule of 3 for the first placement (place at least 3 items in a triangle-like pattern).
3. Fill in some of the negative space with the additional large to medium size images you have. It does not have to be balanced. Feel free to play around and move these new pieces about. Do not move the original pieces from step 2.
4. Add personal photos. Feel free to overlap with some of the images from steps 2 or 3.
5. Add in the smallest elements. In this step you will be looking for balance. I have enamel pins without frogs in the back, earrings with no mate, product tags I really liked, small worthless charms and broken jewelry, notes from friends and from class.
My inspiration board hangs over my desk and I usually start from scratch re-styling it every year. To create an inspiration board for an event use the images, words, phrases and colors you desire. If you don’t plan to restyle the board, invest in some foam board and glue instead of tacks and cork.