Paint Dipped DIY spoons are nothing new. A couple years ago, I created my own pair using gold paint. They were lovely, note were. There are now only four left out of the original set of six, and only two have all their gold paint left. I didn’t want to have the same exact set, so I decided to upgrade the color dipped spoons: introducing Faux Earthenware Wooden Spoons.
What you’ll need:
- Wooden Spoons
- White Acrylic Paint
- Brown Acrylic Paint
- Grey Acrylic Paint
- Two Paint Brushes (One small, one large)
- Acrylic Paint Sealer Glossy Finish
1. Tape the tops of the spoons, and painted the uncovered portion white with two coats. Use a shallow bowl to hold the spoons off your painting surface if you want to cut your wait time in half. Make sure you don’t paint too close to the hollow end of the spoon, you don’t want to be cooking the paint into your food in the future.
2. Once the white paint has dried, make a very watery mix of grey and brown paint and flick the small brush at the spoons, creating a splattered effect. Don’t forget to get the sides and the top of the spoon. You will need to wait for the first sides to dry before flipping it over the complete the next side.
3. After the paint has dried, coat the painted portion with a glossy sealer. Be sure not to get the sealer on the tops of the spoons.