P and I always seem to be in need of a new bed linens. Between us and four cats, the ones we have always seem to quickly become discolored, worn, and acquire little claw marks. Because of this, we never felt the need to splurge on those items, even though we realize that we spend 1/2 our life in bed. I opted for an experiment: I would make our new bed linens. To date, I have only successfully created three throw pillows, but I have all the supplies ready for the duvet cover.
The front of the pillows are vintage hankies I found and washed. The backs are part of a tablecloth I cut up. I bought the pom-pom edges here.